
Carrie, Colleen, and I have been trying to come up with a fun holiday outing to do with all the kids. There are 6 between the three of us. We needed something age appropriate and not too expensive. We thought the Point Defiance Zoo would be a fun time since they do a big Christmas light display. And then we remembered, it's December in Seattle. That means lots and lots of rain.
When we really thought about it, all we wanted was to spend a little time together, and let the kids play. So, we decided to meet up at Carrie's for gingerbread house decorating and some fun with kids. It's is a good thing we made that last minute change, because the weather turned out to be more of a storm than your average Western Washington rain.
The Stalder's have a beautiful house, and a large bonus room for the kids. Inside this bonus room is an enormous bounce house. It blows up in just 2 minutes, but provides endless fun for the kids. It even has a slide! I don't know about the rest of the kids, but since the weather has been so nasty Atticus has been suffering from some Cabin Fever. This was a perfect way for him to burn off some of that energy. Not only did all the kids have a great time, it was nice for us mom's to have a chance to visit. Colleen and I are able to see each other often since she lives close, but Carrie lives in Federal Way, and with all our busy schedules it's hard to find time to see each other.

After the kids bounced their hearts out, we decorated gingerbread houses. Believe it or not, this was my first. It was a lot of fun. Atticus wasn't much of a helper. He spent most of the time eating the decorations. But, hey that's half the fun.
I am hoping this becomes one of our new holiday traditions. Holidays with friends. That's what it's all about!

Seriously how cute are there guys playing piano?

Atticus enjoying dinner with the ladies.
1 comment:
Ooooh, I've always wanted to make a gingerbread house, but I've never done it! I might have to get some pointers from you guys!
Post a Comment