Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome 2012


 Hello 2012! We've been waiting for you. In my opinion the Mayans have it all wrong. 2012 is going to be awesome. 2011 was a major bummer for me to say the least. I won't dwell on all the negatives right now but to say it sucked is an understatement. I struggled all year to find a balance between the highs and lows in my life. Sure, it wasn't all bad, but some of the bad just seemed to overshadow the good. But, that's the beauty of a new year. The clock strikes twelve and you feel like you have a whole new start. Plus, it's the Year of the Dragon, and I was born in the Year of the Dragon and that's a good thing, right? 

We rang in the new year with family. Hilary reserved some bowling lanes, so we headed to West Seattle for a little bowling. It's been about 5 years since I've bowled. My score reflected that. Yikes. It was great however to have everyone together in one place. That almost never happens.
Uncle Tony and Aunt Hilary

All 5 together- miracle.

Atticus was cheering everyone on. Next year maybe he can bowl.

Getting some love from Aunt Hilary and cousin Maraya


We said goodbye to everyone in Seattle, and headed back home to meet up with Jake and Alicia. We had a few drinks together, toasted to 2012 and broke out a favorite game of theirs, Rummikub. Next thing we knew it was 4am. I don't think I have stayed up that late since my 20's. It was a great way to end 2011 and welcome 2012, with family.

I am excited about the adventures this new year will bring us, and excited about working on a few of my personal resolutions. YAY 2012!

1 comment:

S and J said...

Did we even stay up until 4 am in college?