Sunday, January 15, 2012

Snowy Day

Atticus has been having a hard time adjusting to life after summer. Almost everyday he looks outside and says "is it sunny day?" or "why is it dark and rainy". My response to the latter is "we live in Western Washington and it's January". January can be replaced by any month Oct-Mar.

This morning was a surprise. He woke up and said "IT'S A SNOWY DAY". He wanted to race outside and play in the snow immediately.

So eager to get in that snow.


After breakfast we bundled up and headed outside for some serious snow play. Atticus couldn't wait to do it all. He wanted to have a snowball fight, make a snowman and do snow angels. Done, Done, and Done. 
Working on frosty

  
Pure joy.
He really started getting the hang of snowball fighting. I got nailed a few times. I don't know what he liked more, getting me or getting hit himself. This is a lot of pictures but I love the progression of him throwing the snowballs.







Demian was putting snow down my pants in this photo.

What is more fun than playing in the snow? Next snow day we try sledding!

1 comment:

jess said...

Looks fun! I was kinda bummed to wake up to just a light dusting of snow and it was gone by like 9am. Ballard has like zero snow. I was looking forward to taking a snowy walk with Spuzz this morning. I'm sure there will be more opportunities this winter for a snow walk though.