Saturday, November 22, 2008

GO COUGS!!



Happy Apple Cup Day. Oh, what a day it's been. It just goes to show you, miracles do happen, and today one happened for my WSU Cougars. If you follow college sports you know that this has been the worst season for both the Cougs and the Dawgs, (UW hasn't won a game all year) so there was not a lot riding on this game. Unless, of course you count pride, and a 100 year old rivalry. Nothing but a win over your biggest rival could make a losing season like the one the Cougs have had just fade away. For a true Cougar fan, it doesn't really matter how many games we lose, as long as we do better than the Huskies. Today we did just that, and I couldn't be happier. Granted I am probably not as happy as the lucky kids, enjoying the win over in the Palouse. I saw there alcohol fueled excitement on TV and it didn't seem that long ago that I was there. I guarantee the kids in Pullman are kickin' it a little harder that usual tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some hangovers that last until Thanksgiving. There is a saying it it's more that just something cute to put on a bumper sticker. Once a Coug, Always a Coug. This really is the truth. Today after the game, Demian, Atticus and I went to Costo, all dressed in our Coug gear. More than one person yelled out to us "GO COUGS". This happens all over the globe. I have had the same experience at Disneyland and in Hawaii. It really is amazing. I think former coach Jim Walden said it best:




So, to all my fellow Cougars out there: GO COUGS!!