
If you haven't been to my house recently you may not know that Atticus has a new obsession. I mean it when I use the word obsession. Star Wars. He is currently living and breathing by the Dark Side.
He discovered Star Wars before Christmas, and was an instant fan, and then he got a set of light sabers for Christmas and that kicked it up a notch. At this point his knowledge of Star Wars was the three most recent movies made. None of which I had seen before. Our friend Luke had given them to Atticus. This bothered me a little. How could he love the movies this much and not know the classic original three. He didn't even know who Han Solo was for Pete's sake.

Thanks to my friend the internet, Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi arrived at our house. I was a little worried Atti wouldn't like these as much because of the out dated special effects. We are talking 1970's here.
I didn't need to worry. He loved them. He gets to pick one movie to watch a day, and he almost always picks a Star Wars one. Often during the day he will say "Let's talk about Star Wars", and go on to talk about C3PO or Jabba, or the Emperor and his lightning. He will quote lines from the movies. If you ask him what Darth Vader says he will respond with "Luke, I'm your Father", and if you ask what Luke says his response is "NOOOOOOO".
Atticus has been passionate about many thing in his almost three years on this planet. Milk, football, Kung Fu Panda, and Spider Man, but none have come close to his love of Star Wars. Who knows how long this will last, but for now May the Force be With You.
In an effort to move our potty training along we have started offering Star Wars actions figures "guys" and he calls them, as rewards. I know someone who likes to spend a lot of time on the toilet these days.

He covers his face with his fireman hat and pretends to be Darth Vader. He even does the heavy breathing. I can't wait for Halloween.
1 comment:
Great post! Love all the pics and hearing about Atti's obsession - can't wait to see the matching scrap page.
Post a Comment