Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Winning Smile

Today Atticus had his first dental appointment. We wanted to make it a pleasant experience, so we found a clinic that caters to kids only. It's called Lynnwood Kids Dentist. I didn't get to go with them, since I was at work, but I did hear all about it. He was a rock star. According to Demian they had plenty of toys to keep the kids busy and distracted. They even had movies playing on the ceiling for them to watch while the dentist roots around in their mouths.
I am happy to report that Atticus had zero cavities, and got an AWESOME on his brushing report card which earned him an extra toy.
They even took his picture

Dental hygiene started early. Brushing his only two teeth.
 I am so proud of my guy. Going to the dentist is one of the many "firsts" he has coming this year. Stay tuned for first gymnastics class, and coming in September, first day of school.

3 comments:

Grandma Ellie said...

Awwww...such a big boy!

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Love it! So many first it keeps life exciting even it was just the dentist.

jess said...

Glad Atti is a brave kid! I wish they would have had all those tools of distraction at my first dental appointment. Ugh. I got 86'd from my first dentist for being a crier. Then I started going to a pediatric dentist - best thing ever!! Laughing gas, so awesome!