Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sweaty Swedish Sauna

A few years ago, Demian bought a dry sauna for our place. The sauna gets ignored a lot during the summer, but boy is it loved in the winter. For Demian it's a chance to sweat like it's his job. For me, it's a chance to be truly warm in the winter. I am always cold, and the sauna warms you to the core. There is a little light so you can read while in there, and a cd player too. It gets up to about 120 degrees and I last about 40 minutes, Demian closer to an hour. There are a million health benefits of saunaing. One of the reasons I think Demian was attracted to it in the first place, is that it's common practice in Sweden. I swear sometimes he wishes he was a viking. When we were in Alaska we both saunaed a lot too. They had a sauna at the camp Demian worked at, and I make it out the the sweat lodge in the tundra a few time.



Although Demian assures me that Swedish kids sauna all the time, Atticus has never been in the sauna before. He gets to chat at us through the glass, and ask all kinds of questions, but has never been inside. The other night he was dying to get in there with his Papa, so Demian let him sit in there for about 3 minutes. Atticus was as happy as a clam. It was so cute, these two Swedish guys, getting their sauna on. 

1 comment:

S and J said...

Jarred really wants a sauna. I fear that we'll have on in the yard soon. Not that I'm against them, I just don't know where the thing will go!