Sunday, February 13, 2011

39 And Still Lookin' Fine


Yesterday Demian's 39th birthday. I am only one year away from being married to a 40 year old. It is funny how the older I get, the younger 40 sounds. For most of my life 40 seemed ancient. Maybe 40 is the new 30? I don't know. I do think that you are only as old as you feel.

We had a very low key birthday celebration. Just the three of us, enjoying some yummy homemade cupcakes Paula supplied. Demian got to spend part of the day working in the yard, which he loves. He even got a gift card to Home Depot (his favorite store), so he can do even more work on the yard.

He is also sportin' a hip new hair cut. I like to call it the "papa hawk".

Happy Birtday to the coolest almost 40 year old papa I know.


3 comments:

jess said...

I remember when my dad turned 40, he seemed like an old man to me! Blows me away that we are almost that old! And I agree, age is just a number. And Demian definitely doesn't seem 40!

Alicia said...

I heard somewhere that 40 is the new 28.

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

He's not 40 yet... let's focus on the 39 part. I do remember when my Dad turned 40 though - he was ancient. I bet our kids will more remember when Dad turns 50!