Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Crazy 8


Today marks Atti's 8 month birthday. His changes in this last month have been pretty significant. Not only has he mastered eating with a spoon (he loves it), he has become extremly mobile. It all began with crawling backwards, and once he figured out how to move forward, the real fun started. Gone are the days when we could set him on the floor with toys, walk away and return to find him in the same place. Yesterday I turned my back for a moment and he was across the room trying to eat one of Demian's work boots. Soon our house will be decorated with beautiful baby gates and fences. These will be used mostly to keep him from making his way to the stairs and the keep him from the dozens of house plants that are too big to put up on shelves. He has taken his love of crawling to extremes by sleeping in the crawling position. I bet he dreams about crawling. Crawling and food. He also loves to pull himself up on anything that will hold still. Couch, chair, crib, dog, you name it he will use it to pull himself into the standing position. As cute as it is, I do have a fear that this will lead to walking. Now, don't get me wrong, I want him walk, I think, but boy will that be trouble. Stay tuned, I feel like it's right around the corner.

4 comments:

jess said...

Holy shnikes! Wow, A LOT has happened in the last few weeks, considering he wasn't crawling last time I saw him. Incredible! Can't wait to watch his cute little toosh motor around the house.

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Could he be cuter? I see you got the Roobeez - love those shoes!! Another good brand are Pedipeds - really awful name for shoes but really great shoes.

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Also, McKenzie went from crawling on Feb 2nd to walking May 3rd so figure you're less than 2 months from needing to be fully baby proofed...

Alicia said...

Sooo...I was there a week ago and I feel like he's already 100% better with the crawling. Have you guys been feeding him performance enhancing baby foods?