Friday, December 26, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas

We had yet another wonderful Christmas this year. It was filled with family, friends lots of good food and laughs. Christmas Eve was spent at our house. I loved hosting a holiday at home, and I think everyone had a good time. Everyone brought something yummy and there was no shortage of great food. Atticus of course was showered with more gifts than any kid could ever need. I think more than anything he just loved all the attention. Not having a baby in my family for many many years, his Great Aunt Lois took full advantage of some baby time, and he was loving it.

I think Christmas paper was his favorite this year.


Beer...A family tradition.



Christmas morning we woke to the surprise of HUGE snowflakes a fallin'. I thought the snow was over, but I was clearly wrong. That white stuff didn't stop us from heading up to Marysville for Christmas breakfast with the Hatley's. Breakfast is my favorite meal, so a huge Christmas breakfast is such a treat.


Blake showing Atticus how his toy works.


After enjoying a huge breakfast (Demian got real sausage and bacon) we were off to Yelm. Maybe it was the weather, but this was the first year we didn't get stuck in traffic and we actually got there before most everyone else. I was expecting a little bloodshed over who was going to get to hold the baby. Chalk it up to Christmas Spirit, everyone got a chance. He continued to get tons of great things, including clothes, toys and a new toy box. Oh, and lots and lots of smooches.


I continue to be amazed at how blessed we are. We have surrounded ourselves with amazing friends and family, and we couldn't be luckier!!


2 comments:

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Yeah! So glad you guys had a great Christmas - it's so much more special with kids around.

Alicia said...

You're lucky that my mom didn't kidnap him. Thank you again for having a baby to keep her busy for a few years. I don't think I could stand the pressure from both moms in my life (Jake's mom has started already!)