It seems like we've been talking about Atti's first day of preschool for months now, and then BOOM, the day arrived. We've really been hyping it up for him. "When you go to school, this and When you go to school that". I really didn't have any worries about him missing us, because I don't think he has EVER missed us. I just hoped that he would have fun and love it.
Honestly my biggest concern was the new schedule. Atticus has always been a late sleeper. While some kids rise with the sun, Atticus is more of a I'll see ya at 9:30 kinda guy. Preschool starts at 9:30 so this was going to be interesting.
We started pushing bed time up a little earlier, and trying to get him ready for the day quicker in preparation for school. So the morning of the first day of school we planned to wake him up at 8am. Well, guess who charges into our room at 6am saying "is it time to go to school". There was no getting him back to sleep after that. He was too excited.
We were a little early getting to school, because I am that kind of person, and we were all asked to wait on the little playground until the teacher was ready for us. After a few minutes of playing Atticus ran up to us and asked " Why are you guys still here, I thought you were just dropping me off". Like I said, no worries about separation anxiety with this one. A few minutes later, it was time to say good bye. I was the one with the tears. It was really a combination of realizing that my little man was doing something all on his own, no family around to look out for him, and that this was the beginning of a whole new journey for him. It's preschool today, and high school tomorrow. One step closer to, life is not all about playing all day. He is no longer a baby or even a toddler. He's a big kid now. And I couldn't be more proud of him.
1 comment:
Love it! Can't wait to see the scrap page :)
Post a Comment