
One night about a month ago we put Atticus to sleep and we were hanging out in the living room watching TV and listening to him on the monitor. He was fussing a little but, we were just going to wait it out, figuring he would just go to sleep. Strangely his cries seemed to get louder. Not stronger, but louder. Next thing I hear is him standing on the other side of the baby gate that leads into out kitchen saying "Mama". That is when we realized that Atticus could get out of his crib. And he did it with the skills of a ninja. The problem was, that once he knew he could do it, he did it all the time. Sometimes in the middle of the night, and a few times his skills were not that great and he fell. We then decided it was time for the "big boy bed". His crib is the kind that converts into a toddler bed, no need to go shopping.
We really hyped up how cool it is to sleep in a big boy bed. It has seemed to work so far. We have had a few bumps in the road, but that is to be expected any time you introduce something new to a kid. However he is not alone in his big boy bed. He has an entire posse of friends keeping him company. One of his new friends is an old friend of mine. His name is Kerby, and he wears a shirt that says "Kerby Loves Gina". I've had this bear since I was a little girl, and he is a very special bear to me. When I was young my dad and I would have "fights" over who Kerby really loved. He claimed "Kerby Loves Vaughn", and I said that "Kerby Loves Gina". He even went as far as to steal him and take him on hunting trips. In fact Kerby went on just about every trip I went on until I was 18. He went to WSU with me too. When Atticus was born, I put Kerby on top of his dresser, and recently he pointed at him and kept saying "Bear, Bear". I told him that bear was Kerby, and he has been asking for Kerby ever since. I guess Kerby Loves Atticus too.


2 comments:
Love that big boy in his own bed!!! Glad that Kerby loves Atti too!
Maybe Atticus really wants to be a rock climber later in life. He and Ben should get along great, that kid is crazy!
Post a Comment