Thursday, October 6, 2011

Inspiring

A few months ago I came across this amazing blog. Alice created this blog as a way to document her bucket list, and to urge people to register to be a bone marrow donor. I encourage you to check out her blog yourself, but the the quick version is that she is 15 years old and has terminal cancer.

Alice's positive attitude continues to inspire me. Sometimes when I feel like life isn't being fair, and that everything kinda sucks, I like to read her blog. She really is trying to live life to the fullest, knowing that she doesn't have that much time left. She has been able to do a lot of the things on her bucket list. She has also done some great things to create more bone marrow donation awareness.

This got me thinking about my own bucket list. So here it goes.

To travel Europe. I have been luck enough to travel a lot, but Europe is still someplace I haven't been yet. My goal is to actually go to Ireland for my 40th birthday. That is only 5 years away. Yikes.

Learn to SCUBA dive. I love the water, I love snorkeling, I love the peaceful feeling of being underwater. SCUBA would just kick it up a notch.

To live on a boat. Demian and I both share this desire. This would be something maybe in our retirement years. We couldn't live forever without a yard, and the space of a real house. I could however get used falling asleep to the gentle rocking of a boat. Again I love being on the water and I like the idea of being able to just pull up anchor and explore.

To attend an NCAA Final Four basketball game. If WSU was playing that would be the cherry on top. Just to be in a building with that much excitement and passion. The games are always so close, and for those kids playing there is so much heart. I would miss the video montage and "One Shining Moment".

So when you think things are getting bad, remember a positive attitude and think of Alice. She really is amazing. And remember you only get one life, so live it!

1 comment:

S and J said...

This made me smile.