Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lake Living


We decided this year that we would mix up the annual summer vacation, and stay at Entiat the entire time. While it is nice to see family and friends in Spokane and Idaho, it was nice not to spend so much of our vacation in the car. I have to say this was one of the best decisions ever. We had 8 full days of nothing but sun and fun.


On the way there. Full of energy and excited about our vacation.

 The first weekend we were joined by Aunt Hilary, Uncle Tony and Maraya, oh, and their awesome SeaDoos. This was a trip of many firsts for Atticus. One of them being his first ride on a jet ski. We kept asking him "faster or slower" the answer was always "faster". I was afraid of that. It is always great to share such a beautiful place with family.
One of the best pictures of this Brother and Sister team.



Check us out on the jet ski. Love that all 3 of us can go together.



Maraya's friend the bat. Hanging out on her towel.

 During the week we spent a lot of time working on our tans, working on the upstairs of the house, and playing at the pool. My friend Christy spent a few afternoons keeping us company and it was wonderful seeing her. The other big first was first time Atticus swam on his own. He's always been a little unsure about swimming, and as if a switch was flipped he figured it out and couldn't get enough. He kept saying "I'm doing it on MY OWN". I don't know who was prouder, me of him, or him of himself. I do know it made going to the pool 100 times more fun.
Someone got some practice peeing in the yard. I won't say what else he did there.
So great to see him having fun in the pool

Official water-bug

  
Captain Atticus Vaughn Landerholm
Ready for tubing

Best family picture ever.
 Grandpa and Tutu joined us for the last weekend of the vacation. They brought their boat along too, and before they could get out of the truck, Atticus wanted that boat in the water. The next day he got his wish. Another first. First boat ride. Not only did he get to ride, he got to drive. In circles. Circle after circle after circle. Next summer, tubing behind the boat. Grandpa already has a tube ready for him. Many of my memories from Entiat involved my grandparents being there with me. This was the first year Grandpa and Tutu joined us, but it won't be the last.

On the drive home. A little tanner and a little worn out from all the fun.
 Like all good things, our vacation had to come to an end. It was amazing while it lasted. We are blessed to have such a beautiful place to vacation. I love that Atticus is enjoying Entiat as much as I did as a kid, and still do today.

3 comments:

jess said...

Awesome Gina!! Swimming on his own? That is big time!! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Love it!! It's only going to get better each year.

S and J said...

Such a fun place..I like the new blog look too.