Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkin Time


The days are getting shorter and the leaves are changing color, that can only mean one thing. Time to visit Bob's Corn This is our third year going out there, and it just keeps getting bigger and better. Plus, it's more fun now that Atticus is a little bit bigger, and can participate more. Gone are the days of me carrying him through the pumpkin patch.
Colleen and I met up Sunday morning to head out to the farm. I was shocked to see the newly expanded parking lot full, and before 11am. This is great news for Bob's Corn. The new lot is not the only new attraction. They have added pony rides, face painting, and a BBQ. What more could you ask for?

This is the first time we rode the "Cow Train". In my effort to squeeze my adult body into a tiny train with a toddler, I failed to capture the moment with a photo. Maybe next year. We then took the BIG tractor out to the massive pumpkin patch in search of the perfect pumpkin. And by perfect I mean one that I can carry with ease. Colleen and I both agreed that the dads will have to come next year, so we can get some big pumpkins. There is nothing like trying to carry a heavy round object while chasing a toddler through open fields.

Not only was this our first "cow train" experience, it was Atti's first time riding a horse. He missed the opportunity at McKenzie's birthday in June, because he refused to wear the mandatory helmet. These pony people had no helmets, so Atticus was in. He seemed to enjoy it, although he wanted me to be riding a pony too.

It was a great day, and the weather was beautiful. I love that this is one of our yearly traditions, and I can't wait for next year.


I can't believe they sat still long enough for a photo.

All three kids trying to move the wheelbarrow.

In search of the Great Pumpkin

Ride em' cowboy.

1 comment:

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Don't fear I have a great pic of you and Atti in the cow train! Will send when I download - soon!