Saturday was the annual Otteyfest. Now that I don't have to work weekends, I don't have to worry about showing up late or missing it all together. It was great to have all the family together at one time, and to enjoy good food, and the wonderful sounds of the Disclamers (grandpa Ottey's Band) Atticus had a blast running all over the huge yard and splashing around in the blow up pools. I bet he thought all those people where there just to see him.
I had to find a way to beat the heat on Sunday, so Lillianna and I took Atticus to the Edmonds Beach. He really liked looking at all the dogs, which he calls "Mar-Mars" after Marley. This was his first adventure with saltwater and all the seaweed and waves didn't slow him one bit. He did however think that ALL beach toys where for his playing pleasure. Luckily people were willing to share.
It's weekends like this that really remind me how lucky I am to live by family and in such a beautiful place.




No comments:
Post a Comment